The physical dimension of the 4-D Wheel is the arena where clients can locate and explore a full range of sensory experiences, sometimes in ways they have never considered before.
Exploring this dimension in depth allows them to experience basic sensations of their identity as sexual beings—as fully male or female, as intersex, or as trans. It also allows them to reflect on the kinds of stimulation they find most erotic, and on their sexual orientation—as heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning, or other.
The physical dimension includes:
- Interior sensations—gut
- Interior sensations—heart
Positive aspects of the physical dimension are characterized by:
- Heightened sensations
- Awareness of how all the senses connect to all parts of the body
- Awareness of how all the senses connect through attraction, excitement, arousal, and orgasm
Shadow aspects of the physical dimension are characterized by:
- Lack of feeling: numbness
- Dysfunctions of intercourse and orgasm